The medicine is processed with the use of gefitinib and basically belongs to a class of anti-cancer medications known as epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) tyrosine kinase inhibitors. Geftinat is widely consumed for the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer. This medicine effectively blocks the activity of chemicals, which increases the growth of cancer cells.
Supplied as: Available as 250mg tablets Drug Interactions:
1. Rifampin or phenytoin
2. Cimetidine, ranitidine,esomeprazole, lansoprazole & omeprazole
3. The blood-thinning effects of warfarin may be increased by geftinat and hence, the risk of bleeding may increase
4. Ketoconazole, itraconazole, fluconazole, erythromycin, clarithromycin, ritonavir, nelfinavir, indinavir & nefazodone
Note: Geftinat is a prescription drug and should be consumed under proper medical supervision and advice. Never share the medicine with others, since you may be facing from a problem that is not effectively controlled by this drug.
Should not be consumed without asking the doctor if the patient ever had liver or kidney disease or pulmonary fibrosis (scarring of the lungs). Not advised if the patient is allergic to the medicine or any of its constituents. Kindly inform the doctor instantly, if allergic reactions cause (closing of the throat, difficulty breathing & swelling of the lips, tongue, face, hives, liver problems, lung problems, severe nausea, eye problems, loss of appetite, vomiting or diarrhea during treatment are noticed.
Doctor consultation is advised for pregnant women or for those who are breast feeding their child
1. Weight loss, weakness, new or worsening shortness of breath
2. Dry skin, itching, rash, acne and mouth sores
3. Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite
4. Cough or fever
5. Eye pain, irritation, or redness, growth of eyelashes on the inside of the eyelid, change in vision, hives & swelling of the eyes, lips, face, throat, tongue,, hands, feet, arms, ankles or lower legs
contains Geftinib, generic version of Iressa