Active Ingredient: Pioglitazone
Actos is used for treating type 2 diabetes in certain patients.
Actos as known as: Diaglit, Exermet, Glustin, Oglo, Piglitazone, Pioglitazona, Pioglitazonum, Pioglu, Piozone, Zactos
Treatment of type 2 diabetes is sought with Actos. It aids in controlling of the blood sugar levels in the blood. Actos is sufficient for the purpose of combating diabetes, and in some cases, it could be supplemented by another medicine.
But it is not of any use in treating type 1 diabetes. It serves to remedy a lot of other conditions too. The tablet is available in doses of 15mg, 30mg and 45mg.
Insulin is a hormone that stimulates the absorption of glucose from the blood by the cells. Those affected by type 2 diabetes don't have sufficient insulin. This results in the inability of cells to absorb glucose from the bloodstream. The level of glucose in the blood rises beyond comfortable levels.
Actos stimulates insulin receptors on cells, and aids in the absorption of more glucose from the blood. So, levels of glucose falls in the blood. For the best results, it is recommended to stick to the dose prescribed by the physician. Also, the dose should be continued for the complete prescribed period.
How to take Actos
Actos is meant to be imbibed orally on an empty stomach or with a stomach full. Adults without a congestive heart failure are supposed to take in 15mg or30mg of the tablet daily. Those with a congestive heart failure should take a dose of 15mg daily.
The exact dose should be determined by a doctor. His or her advice should be followed to the last word in this case. The doctor would determine the ideal dose based on several factors like age, weight and gender of the patient besides the severity of the ailment sought to be remedied by Actos.
Never punctuate doses of Actos with gaps. Never give up on a dosage without consulting a doctor. You could always take in a dose of Actos whenever you are reminded of it if you happen to forget to take in one of the doses. But be careful not to mix two doses. This could mean an overdose. Always seek medical attention in case of an overdose.
There are always side-effects associated with Actos like you could develop some breathing problems, headache, there could be symptoms of cold, increased urination, nausea, or muscle pain. Stop the dose of Actos if any of these symptoms get ugly, and consult a medical practitioner at once.
- All instructions and warnings on the label accompanying Actos should be read and understood.
- A medical history of kidney, heart, liver or any other disorder should be discussed with the doctor first.
- Any allergy with respect to a medicine should be discussed with the doctor before beginning with Actos. You should also discuss the compatibility of the two medicines before trying out any other medicine while taking Actos.
- Those nursing children or pregnant should consult a doctor before subscribing to Actos.
- Keep monitoring your blood pressure and other vital details through regular checkups.
- A schedule of proper diet, exercise schedule, weight control measures, avoiding alcohol etc would be the best to get quick and effective results.
- Store the medicine at room temperature and away from heat and moisture.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.